Tiger Woods shoots 76 and misses cut at Genesis Open, looks ahead to Honda Classic next week - Global News | Latest & Current News - Sports & Health News

Global News for up to the minute news, breaking news, video, audio and feature stories. News provides trusted World and UK news as well as local and regional perspectives.

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, 16 February 2018

Tiger Woods shoots 76 and misses cut at Genesis Open, looks ahead to Honda Classic next week

Genesis Open - Round Two
PACIFIC PALISADES, Calif. -- That Tiger Woods missed the cut at the Genesis Open isn’t a huge surprise. Save for a couple of runner-up finishes at the event early in his career, he has never played great at the Riviera Country Club.

In 11 trips, Woods has never won there, posted a half-dozen other top-20 finishes and now gone home early twice. Good numbers for a lot of players, but relatively speaking not so impressive for a 14-time major champion and winner of 79 PGA Tour events.

“I love the golf course, I love the layout, it fits my eye and I play awful,” Woods said earlier in the week. “It's very simple. It's just one of those weird things. It's a fader's golf course for a righty. A lot of the holes, you hit nice soft cuts and I used to love to hit nice soft cuts, and for some reason I just didn't play well.”

Source :- golfdigest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages