Latest Anthony Joshua vs Carlos Takam odds, best bets, and predictions - Global News | Latest & Current News - Sports & Health News

Global News for up to the minute news, breaking news, video, audio and feature stories. News provides trusted World and UK news as well as local and regional perspectives.

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, 28 October 2017

Latest Anthony Joshua vs Carlos Takam odds, best bets, and predictions

nthony Joshua gets back in the ring tonight to defend his IBF heavyweight world title against Carlos Takam, and the bookmakers have the Englishman as the heavy favourite to defend his crown. 
Joshua was due to fight Kubrat Pulev in Cardiff on Saturday night, until the Bulgarian pulled out of the fight citing a 'strained pectoral muscle'. 
Promoter Eddie Hearn was concerned Joshua and trainer Rob McCracken would not take the news of the rearranged fight well, after Joshua had been training to fight the taller and more defensive Pulev. 

Predictions

Joshua on Takam:
“In boxing, I think it's a sport that's unforgiving in the sense that, if Takam beat me that loss will stay on my record for a lifetime, that will always be in my legacy.
“It's not 'oh, he was a world champion and he done well for the sport of boxing. No, no, no he was 19-1 - that's Anthony's legacy and I just don't want that blemish on my record right now.
“Takam is already as tough as they come. He's so tough. He just keeps on walking forward and that's disheartening for a fighter.
“When I'm in there with him, it will be interesting to see how game and ready he is, and what fire he is ready to go through.”
Takam on Joshua
“I don't know if I'm excited stressed or confused but I'm definitely ready for the fight. It will be a proper fight.
“AJ is a good boxer who likes to box and I like opponents who like to come forward and throw punches. I like to get stuck in as well.
“I believe in myself. I never go into a fight thinking I might lose - I'm a winner, I like to win not to lose.
“I'm not scared, 80,000 fans means nothing to me. I've boxed in New Zealand, Canada, Russia [so] that won't faze me. It's about what happens in the ring. It's about me and him.”
Eddie Hearn: 
"It's a difficult position for AJ having prepared meticulously for the style and height of Pulev, he now faces a completely different style and challenge in Takam.
"This hasn't happened in his career before but he is ready for all comers on October 28."
Source: telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages